an update on the old tricks

I thought I would play around a bit with some of the monotypes I was doing last weekend.

One of them was based loosely on leaf shapes but had no real connection. As the composition needed some work I thought it was a good opportunity to try out some media in ways I hadn’t used them before.

The media I really love is what I used – oil sticks, artists inks and shellac.

This is this the result of my experimenting.

Although it’s not a terribly great photo I think the image is becoming more cohesive. Maybe it’s worth tearing up and piecing back together?

Anyhow, now that I have taken a photo, I can experiment further with it. Only this time digitally.

My year 11s are using the iPads to manipulate photos of the ‘urban landscape’. Why not use the apps to experiment with this image to give the students a heads up with what they could do?

I discovered a new app called icolorama which I am loving more and more as I play with it.

I am really pleased with this little bit of playing. I would really like to give you a ‘recipe’ to follow but my method was fairly random…just like my old tricks! When I have mastered the various components of the app, perhaps then I’ll be able to give a precise method.

Until then, have fun playing!  I’d love to see what you come up with.JP

Advertisements

One thought on “an update on the old tricks

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s